Indulge in this heavenly, creamy salad loaded with fruit, marshmallows, grated coconut, and crunchy nuts. Light and refreshing, it comes together in less than 10 minutes. Sweet, tangy, and fruity, oh my!
Ambrosia Salad Dressing
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup light sour cream
Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- 1 cup tangerine or mandarin segments
- 1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1½ cup fresh pineapple, diced (or canned)
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained
- 2-3 cups mini rainbow marshmallows
- ¾ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Whisk the heavy whipped cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract using a hand mixer until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Gently fold in the sour cream using a spatula until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Combine tangerines, grapes, pineapple, coconut flakes, maraschino cherries, and marshmallows in a large bowl.
Gently fold in the whipped cream mixture until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle with toasted pecans.
Cover the bowl with transparent plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until ready to serve.
- Drain all the syrup if using canned fruit so your salad doesn't get watery.
- Splash some fresh lemon, lime, or pineapple juice, into your fresh fruit to prevent it from browning.
- Add the mandarins last so they don't fall apart.
- Always serve it chilled for the best experience.
- Please remember that the nutritional information is a rough estimate and can vary significantly based on the products used in the recipe.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 20g | Sodium: 58mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 47g