This Fruit punch recipe is a summery and refreshing drink that’s perfect for brunches, barbecues, and more. This recipe combines pineapple and citrus juice, creamy bananas, and fizzy lemon-lime soda for a tropical beverage everyone will enjoy! If you love this, you need to try my Strawberry Lemonade, New Orleans Hurricane Drink, or Pina Colada Smoothie.
Fruit punch is one of those drinks that never fails to be a huge hit at any gathering or party. It’s also a recipe you can make when you’re just relaxing at home.
In my house, fruit punch is always a go-to drink, especially when we’re hosting friends and family. It’s simple to prepare, easy to customize, and packed with refreshing flavors. I hope you love this creamy and tropical version as much as I do!
What is fruit punch, anyway?
This fruit punch recipe has been around for many years, and for good reason. While its exact origins are a little hazy, many people believe it originated somewhere in the Caribbean or the Southern United States.
It’s the perfect complement for warm summer days in the backyard, Mother’s Day brunches, or holiday get-togethers. Pineapple juice provides sweetness, orange and lemonade concentrate add a slight tang, and bananas bring creaminess.
It basically screams tropical vacation with just a touch of fizz from the lemon-lime soda. So, whether you’re headed to a birthday party, baby shower, or barbecue, make a bowl of this fruit punch. You’ll be everyone’s favorite host!
- Granulated sugar: You can use regular granulated sugar or unrefined cane sugar — whichever one you prefer! If your bananas are extra ripe, reduce the sugar slightly.
- Water: Make sure it’s warm to help dissolve the sugar.
- Pineapple juice: Adds a touch of tropical and floral sweetness. You can also use pineapple-coconut juice, mango, juice, or guava juice if you can find some!
- Banana: Creates a thicker consistency and naturally sweetens the punch with more tropical notes. Just make sure your bananas are a little spotty for the best flavor.
- Orange & lemonade concentrate: For a sweet-yet-tangy element, I love to add orange and lemonade concentrate. Fresh orange and lemon juice also work if you’re up for squeezing them!
- Sprite: Any lemon-lime soda will work here. I like to use either Sprite or 7Up, but you can even try something like ginger ale to mix it up.
How to make a fruit punch recipe
Step 1: Dissolve the sugar
To prevent sugar granules from floating around in the punch, dissolve it first in some warm water. Stir it thoroughly until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Step 2: Add the rest
Blend the bananas until you achieve a smooth consistency, then add them into a large punch bowl. Pour in the pineapple juice, orange concentrate, and lemonade concentrate as well. Mix everything together until it is well combined.
Step 3: Mix and serve
Just before serving, add the sprite and give it another stir. You can add some fresh toppings if you’d like for a pop of color. Serve your fruit punch in a large bowl with ice and some fun straws.
Try serving your fruit punch with garnishes like fresh orange, lemon, or lime slices. You can also add other fruits like pineapple, melon, or strawberries for color and flavor. For a unique way to chill your fruit punch, freeze ice cubes with fresh or frozen fruit chunks in them.
Add slightly herbaceous notes with sprigs of fresh mint or basil. Or, try a few sticks of cinnamon for a warming punch. Whatever the case, don’t expect your fruit punch to stick around for very long. It’s a real crowd-pleaser, y’all!
More Recipes to Try
- 3 cups water
- 23 ounces pineapple juice
- 2 bananas blended
- 1 can frozen orange concentrate 12 oz
- 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate 12 oz
- 3 bottles Sprite or 7UP 28 oz each
- Add the bananas to a blender along with 4 tablespoons of pineapple juice. Blend it until combined. It may not be completely smooth and that is ok.
- Then add the frozen orange concentrate and frozen lemonade concentrate into a large punch bowl with water. Mix with a whisk until combined.
- Add the pineapple juice and blended banana. Give it a stir. Lastly add the sprite, stir and serve.