These Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are a delicious, easy appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. Seasoned and fried to crispy, then tossed in a sweet and savory sauce, these wings deliver plenty of flavors.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure here.
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Chicken wings are classic party food and for a good reason. They’re easy to make, versatile, and always a crowd-pleaser. But why settle for plain old wings when you can add sweetness and tang to them with a honey garlic sauce? These honey garlic chicken wings will surely be a hit at your next gathering or at a weeknight dinner.
I chose to air fry my chicken wings for this recipe before tossing them in the honey garlic sauce. You can deep fry or bake the wings if you prefer as well. The key is to cook them so they are crispy before tossing them in the sauce.
And if you’re a chicken wing fan, check out these BBQ Hennessy wings as well.
Ingredients for Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Chicken – Chicken Wings. I use a mix of flats and drummettes.
- Chicken seasoning – salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. The seasoning adds an extra layer of flavor to these wings.
- Sauce – Unsalted butter, garlic, honey, white vinegar, soy sauce, hot sauce, ground ginger powder.
How to make Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Preheat the air fryer basket to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2-3 minutes.
Season chicken wings with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Add dried chicken wings to the basket and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the wings about every 7-8 minutes.
Cook the wings until they are crispy and golden.
Once done, remove the wings and place them in a large bowl.
While the wings are cooking, combine butter, minced garlic, honey, vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, and ginger powder over medium-high heat. Stir together until butter is melted completely and all ingredients are combined.
Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken wings and toss to ensure all the chicken is covered in sauce. Serve and enjoy.
How to bake honey garlic wings in the oven?
You can bake the seasoned wings at 370 degrees Fahrenheit for around 40 minutes before preparing the honey garlic sauce. Toss the baked wings in the honey garlic sauce before serving.
How to deep fry these wings?
If deep frying is your thing, season dried wings with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat 4-5 inches of oil in a deep fryer or large, heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat until it reaches about 350 degrees. Gently add the chicken wings to the hot oil, and be careful not to touch the oil or cause any splatter. Fry the chicken wings for about 12-14 minutes until the internal temperature of the chicken has reached a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Meanwhile, prepare the honey garlic sauce. Toss the fried wings into the sauce.
Can you cook chicken wings from frozen?
You can cook chicken wings from frozen if you’re in a rush; however, I suggest thawing frozen wings if you can. The dry seasoning will stick to the wings better if they are thawed.
If you’re in a time crunch and need to cook the wings from frozen, you can do so quickly in the air fryer. Just place the frozen wings in the air fryer, and air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes, checking and flipping the wings about every 5-7 minutes.
What do you serve with these wings?
I like to serve these wings as a part of a spread with other wing flavors and dips. Try them with the following:
- Old Bay Wings
- Honey Lemon Pepper Wings
- Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
- Dry the wings before seasoning them with salt and pepper. Drying the chicken before seasoning will allow the seasoning to stick to the chicken.
If you happen to have leftovers, they can last in the fridge for up to 4 days and in the freezer for up to 4 months. To reheat, place them in the air fryer and cook on low, 225 degrees Fahrenheit until heated through.
I suggest cooking the chicken and sauce separately if prepping ahead of time and storing them in the fridge until ready to toss the wings in sauce and serve.
I hope you enjoy these honey garlic chicken wings as much as we do. If you have tried this or any other recipe on our site, then please rate it and let me know how it turned out in the comments below!
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
For the Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken wings patted dry
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Garlic Powder
For the Honey Garlic Sauce
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- Preheat the air fryer basket to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 2-3 minutes.
- Season chicken wings with kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Add chicken wings to the basket and cook for 20-25 minutes, turning the wings about every 7-8 minutes. Cook the wings until they are crispy and golden.
- Once done, remove the wings and place them in a large bowl.
- While the wings are cooking, combine butter, honey, minced garlic, vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce, and ginger powder over medium-high heat. Stir together until butter is melted completely and all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked chicken wings and toss to ensure all the chicken is covered in the sauce. Serve and enjoy.
- For crispy wings, make sure the wings are dried before seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer brand. Allow 20 to 25 minutes for the wings to be cooked.