These Crispy Hot Honey Old Bay Wings are the perfect combo of sweet and mild spice. Plus, they’re a way to switch up your typical buffalo wings recipe. I bake the wings crisp using Old Bay seasoning and a few other spices. Then, toss them in a homemade Honey Old Bay Hot Sauce. Enjoy this with our Southern Corn Salad, Southern Fried Cabbage with Bacon, or Southern Candied Sweet Potatoes.
Why Make Hot Honey Old Bay Wings
- Crispy without deep frying: crispy baked chicken wings offer the crunch of fried chicken without deep frying. You can also make these wings crisp in your air fryer too!
- Sweet & mild Buffalo Wings alternative: If you enjoy mild buffalo wings but want to switch things up a bit, then these offer a unique alternative.
Hot Honey Old Bay Sauce
- Butter: I melted this is the microwave when I was ready to make the sauce and didn’t worry about cooling it.
- Hot Sauce: You can use our homemade buffalo wing sauce or use any hot sauce that you prefer
- Honey: any honey or honey substitute will work to give the wings a mildly sweet flavor
- Old Bay Seasoning: I like to amp up the flavor of Old Bay by using some on the sauce. You can add more or less to taste.
Crispy Old Bay Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings: I used about 20 wing parts. However, you can use whole chicken wings if you wish.
- Baking Powder: this helps the wings get crispy without deep frying. So, do not omit it.
- Old Bay
- Garlic Powder
- Dried Parsley
How to Make Hot Honey Old Bay Wings
- Pat the chicken wings dry, mix the spices and toss the chicken to coat.
- Place wings on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet or a baking sheet with a cooling rack. Cook the wings in the oven for 20-25 minutes per side.
- Add all ingredients for the sauce to a small bowl. Whisk to incorporate.
- Add the wings to a bowl with some of the sauce and toss to coat.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Adjust the bake time for added crispiness: the longer you cook your wings in the oven, the crispier they will become. For saucy wings, I tend to keep my chicken in for closer to 25 minutes per side so that they can still be slightly crisp after I add the hot honey Old Bay sauce.
- Use all of the spice mix: the spice mix contains flavor, but also helps the wings get crispy. Be sure to coat all parts of the wings evenly with the spices
For Old Bay Wing sauce, I add the honey, Old Bay, butter, and hot sauce to a small bowl and whisk it to incorporate it.
Old Bay has a range of peppers and spices like celery seed that give it a unique flavor.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
- BBQ Hennessy Wings
- Honey Lemon Pepper Wings Recipe
- Easy Collard Greens With Ham Hocks
- Patti Labelle’s Mac and Cheese Recipe
Hot Honey Old Bay Wings
Hot Honey Old Bay Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter melted and hot
- 2 tbsp hot sauce or buffalo wing sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
Oven Fried Wings
- 1.5 lb Chicken Wings about 20 wing parts
- 1.5 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
For the wings
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the chicken wing parts from the refrigerator and pat dry (removing as much moisture as possible helps to have a crispy wing skin)
- Mix the old bay, garlic powder, dried parsley and baking powder in a small dish or ramekin.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on the wings and toss the wings to coat.
- Place wings on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet or a baking sheet with a cooling rack.
- Cook the wings in the oven for 20-25 minutes per side.
For the sauce
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl.
- Whisk to incorporate.
Finish the dish
- Add the wings to a bowl.
- Pour some of the sauce on top. Toss to coat.