This Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is a delicious breakfast or brunch recipe that can be whipped up in a jiffy made easily with store-bought biscuits, bacon, eggs, sausage, gravy and cheese! Serve with Hoe Cakes , Grits, or any of these Jamaican breakfast options.
What is A Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
A biscuits and gravy casserole is a classic comfort casserole perfect for breakfast or brunch. It includes layers of store-bought biscuits that are also layered with sausage, bacon and cheddar cheese! Then finally eggs and gravy are added turning it into the ultimate breakfast for entertaining.
It’s pretty no fuss and can really be great if you have a crowd coming over and need something easy to put together.
- Bacon & Sausage — I prefer to use both bacon and sausage in my biscuits and gravy casserole. Most usually only include one but I love the flavor of both in this.
- Eggs & Milk — We whisk these together and give a wonderful scrambled texture.
- Biscuit Dough — You can definitely make homemade if you have the time but large store-bought are such a time saver here.
- Cheddar Cheese — Grab anything you want for this but cheddar adds a nice zip.
- Peppered Gravy Mix — Grab the packet in stores or make your own if you have time. I love this sawmill gravy if you want to make homemade. You need 2 cups for this recipe.
- Salt & pepper — Try not to add too much since you will also get salt from the bacon and sausage as well.
How to Make It
- COOK BACON – Cook the bacon first, then crumble it into smaller pieces and set them aside.
- WHISK EGGS – Whisk the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl, then season and set to the side
- COOK SAUSAGE – Just like with the bacon, we will cook in the skillet until browned and crumble.
- MAKE GRAVY – Make the gravy according to the packet instructions, and set it aside as well.
- LAYER – Cut the biscuit dough into quarters, then add the pieces to the greased dish.
- Then add sausage and bacon.
- Next, add half of the cheese then add the eggs on top and pour gravy over the eggs
and finally the remaining cheese.
BAKE THE CASSEROLE – Bake this biscuits and gravy casserole for 50 minutes or until everything is set.
Make sure you generously grease the baking dish so everything can be removed easily when serving.
Allow it to cool for a little so it really sets up before serving.
This biscuits and gravy casserole can be refrigerated for up to 4 days. Just make sure you cover it.
This is great for freezing as well. Let cool completely then transfer and freeze. When you want to reheat if it is frozen, let it thaw overnight in the fridge then add to the microwave and heat in 20 second intervals. Or you can add to the oven at 250 and reheat for 15-20 minutes until warmed through.
Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- l lb sausage
- 8 Grands biscuits
- 2 cups cheddar cheese separated
- 2 3/4 oz peppered gravy mix makes 2 cups
- Cook bacon, crumble into smaller pieces then set aside. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and milk then season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet until cooked through making sure to crumble into pieces then drain and set aside.
- Make gravy according to packet instructions and set aside.
- Cut biscuit dough into quarters then add to the bottom of the greased dish.
- Spread cooked sausage and bacon bits over the top of the biscuit dough.
- Next layer 1 cup of cheddar cheese over meat. Pour whisked eggs over the cheese and finally pour gravy over the top and finally the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until biscuits are cooked through and eggs are set up then serve warm.