Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls have all the flavors of peach cobbler wrapped up in an easy handheld package. This recipe includes frozen sliced peaches to save time and control the flavors of the filling. Plus, I also share directions for how to make peach cobbler egg rolls in the air fryer if you’d like an option other than deep frying. Enjoy these as a sweet appetizer or dessert with ice cream and caramel syrup. Ready in about 20 minutes.
Why Make Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
- Easy homemade filling: some recipes include peach pie filling. While that can be tempting to use, there is nothing like homemade. Fortunately, the filling just requires you to dump the ingredients and saucepan. I use frozen peaches to save time.
- Deep fryer and air fryer directions: these come out great in the deep fryer. But, if you want another option, like how to make Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls in the air fryer, you’ll find that in this recipe too!
- Peaches: These come peeled, frozen and sliced. By using frozen peaches, you get all the flavors of fresh peaches without having to worry about peeling or coring them.
- Sweetener: You can use sugar or your favorite sugar replacement.
- Cinnamon: I’m using fresh ground cinnamon.
- Nutmeg: this is optional, but I love the flavors of warm spices in my peach cobbler egg rolls and my candied yams.
- Butter: I’m using salted butter to make the filling. If you have unsalted, then simply add a dash of salt to the filling.
- Vanilla Extract
- Cornstarch or Xanthan Gum: I’m using this to thicken the filling a bit. I mix these with a few drops of oil to prevent clumping.
- Egg Roll Wrappers: You’ll need about 10-12 from a package. You can store the rest in the freezer or use them with another recipe like Tanya’s Air Fryer Egg Rolls.
- Oil: you can use your favorite oil for frying or an oil spray if you’d like to make these in the air fryer.
How to Make Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
Making peach cobbler egg rolls is easy. There are four key steps:
- Make the filling by adding all of the ingredients to a saucepan
- Stir and cook the filling until it looks like pie filling
- Add the filling to the egg roll wrappers and fold them
- Deep fry the peach cobbler egg rolls or make then in the oven or air fryer.
Top Cooking Tips & FAQs
- Deep fry or air fry: Deep frying is quick and easy, but if you want to cut down on oil, simply cook them in the air fryer. Preheat your air fryer and spray them generously with oil like avocado or olive oil and air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Use about 3 slices of peaches and tablespoon of sauce per egg roll: the key to keeping your egg rolls from falling apart is to not overfill them. While making this, I used about 3 tablespoons total of filling.
Don’t overfill the egg rolls and seal them with wet fingertips. You can use the image below to see how to add the filling and roll them.
Your oil is not hot enough. So, instead of getting crispy, the egg rolls are soaking up the oil. Be sure to give your oil enough time to preheat so that it is 350 degrees.
Any oil with a smoke point above 400 degrees is good for deep frying. Some options are avocado oil and vegetable oil.
Recipes to Enjoy This With
- The Baked BBQ Hennessy Wings Recipe
- Southern Fried Catfish
- Patti Labelle’s Mac and Cheese Recipe
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Livers
- BBQ Tofu (Southern Style)
Peach Cobbler Egg Rolls
Peach Cobbler Filling
- 1 lb Peaches frozen, sliced or diced
- 1/3 cup Sugar or sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Butter salted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch mixed with a few drops of oil to prevent clumping, or Xanthan Gum
- 10 Egg Roll Wrappers 10-12, one pack is enough, you just won’t use all
- Oil for frying
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup Sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Caramel Syrup
- Vanilla Ice Cream
For the filling
- Add all of the peach cobbler filling ingredients to a pot.
- Mix them and stir to combine
- Cook on medium low for 10 minutes, or until the peaches are thawed and it appears that they are in a light syrup.
For the egg rolls
- Add a few tablespoons of filling (about 2-3 slices of peaches and some sauce) to the center of the egg roll wrapper.
- Fold the egg roll – I use water to seal the edges. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Heat oil in a frying pan to 350 degrees.
- Add the egg rolls to the oil and cook until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes total – if doing more of a shallow fry with enough oil to cover just one side, then split the time evenly so both sides are cooked)
- Remove from the oil and allow to drain on a cooling rack or a plate lined with paper towels.
- Top with cinnamon sugar immediately out of the oil
- Optional: Serve with a few scoops of ice cream and drizzles of caramel syrup.
- Preheat your air fryer and spray them generously with oil like avocado or olive oil and air fry at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.